Traduce Aqui:

Friday, November 26, 2010

Turkey Delay!

So getting a Thanksgiving Turkey in Spain isn't easy. You have to notify the butcher ahead of time so he can order one to be killed especially for you. I did this. I went to the butcher two weeks ago and asked for a turkey on November 25. He said I was asking so early he'd forget and that I should come back the Monday prior and remind him. I did this too. Still, yesterday when I went to pick up my poultry...he had forgotten! Twenty-four hour notice wasn't enough to get one for me by today so it looks like our turkey day will have to be delayed! :(

I am sad since I've been looking forward to tomorrow all month...but I suppose really it's a good thing because now we can focus on moving and not have to worry about cooking and guests, etc. Our Thanksgiving will end up being a house-warming party!

Hope you're all enjoying your leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment