Traduce Aqui:

Friday, November 5, 2010

My Name Is Khan - Official Trailer with English Subtitles (Aspect ratio ...

I'm suddenly becoming quite the film buff. ;)

Here's a wonderful movie I stumbled upon by chance: My Name is Khan. It's the most expensive film made in Bollywood history; and though I haven't seen many Bollywood films, I would venture to say it is very unlike most. It's not a musical, in the way other Inidan films I've seen are, where suddenly the scene cuts to fifteen women in gauzy saris singing and dancing on a beach with a strong breeze. This one's quite serious in its content and message.

It's the story of an Indian Muslim with Asberger's syndrome. He grows up in Mumbai and as an adult moves to San Francisco to live with his brother. The plot centers around life for Rizwan Khan and his family post 9/11 terrorist attacks. In some ways it is like an Indian "Forest Gump." Rizwan is innocently endearing in the way that Forest Gump was: despite his disabiliy, or many times because of it, he sees the world more clearly than the rest of us. That clarity opens the door for some truly enlightening insights into relationships, fear, love and human nature.

I highly recommend this one.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good one. You write like a movie critic. Perhaps you should give it a star rating. You know one star is not worth seeing and 5 stars is absolutely fabulous "must see". Perhaps you could review movies for a living, wouldn't that be a kick??

    Dad

    ReplyDelete