Traduce Aqui:

Friday, November 26, 2010

The Grinch Who Stole... Thanksgiving?

It came without family,cranberries or T-bird.
It came despite last minute cooking I've heard.
It came two days late, but Saturday aside,
Thanksgiving came...
It came all the same
(Alright, not quite Dr. Seuss...)

That's right, in the end we decided to go for it. My friends cheered me up and we decided to go ahead with our lunch plans: we'll have a stand-in stuffed chicken with our pumpkin pie, etc. tomorrow. I've spent the last three hours with the four of us (Jesus, Antonio and Nuria) crammed in my tiny kitchen prepping stuffing, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. The potatoes will wait for tomorrow and my friend Sarah's brining a green bean casserole. Pretty good...minus the chicken. Oh well. As Maggie pointed out, perfection is boring!

Thank goodness for my friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment