Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Big News Briefly:

Some of you know the big news already...I'm no good at keeping secrets apparently! ...Though there is also no reason why this should be secret, so here goes:

WE ARE BUYING A HOUSE!!!!

Can you believe it? We are buying a real, live house with a huge patio/garden, a woodstove (!) and a garage! You're wondering how we can afford this since I'm always talking about how tight money is, right? Well, we've signed a rental agreement with the option to purchase at the end of our contract. The money paid in rent up to the date of purchase will be discounted from the previously agreed upon price of the house. So basically we have three years to save, for me to find a real job, and for the lousy economy to turn around. (cross your fingers)

The papers are all signed and I have the keys! This afternoon I'm going on a picture spree so you all can see the house, too. It'll be empty until Sunday, when we move, but still...this way you can see before and after pics. ;)

The patio/garden might be my very favorite thing about the house. I've been lusting after the patios that belong to our downstairs neighbors here in the piso for three years now! Neither of our neighbors keeps a neat, clean patio. It's tragic and a waste of space, if you ask me. For three years I've been saying, "If I had a patio..." now I do! So the garden is huge and it's got lots of plants and trees already: two lemon trees, a fig tree, a cherry tree, a grape vine... :) I can't wait to plant tomatoes, peppers, and all my favorite herbs!

Can you believe the timing, too? Talk about something to be thankful for!

I'll write more once I have the pictures for you all to see. :)

(p.s. With this post, I've broken the 100 mark! Thanks for reading.)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Opie has a house :D Can't wait for the pics Op, I'm so happy for you! And I'd like to turn around your thanks and say thank YOU for blogging :)
    Love you!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete