Traduce Aqui:

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Good Friday


So I'm a bit late for this post, I'll admit it, but as the saying goes: better late than never, right?? Anyway, I just wanted to say a bit about Good Friday here in La Roda since it is one of my favorite days...and this year took its toll with my feet! I don't wear heels, mind you, but even so, my feet were KILLING me on the walk home after the procession and some improvised help at the bar. I was limping...I kid you not. And all that after a day of ballet flats... Dios sabe how the poor women who wore heels all day ended up!

Friday is when Jesus Nazareno comes out carrying his cross (it's actually the same statue as Wed. but since his arms are movable they can put him in different possitions.). He is accompanied by Our Lady of Hope (Nuestra Senora de la Esperanza). And the most beautiful part of the procession is when he and the Virgin go through their neighborhood "Las Erillas" (that happens to be where Angelines was brought up). So I spent the better part of my Good Friday in my mother-in-law's house with the family, taking pictures, eating, chatting and laughing. ;) This picture is my sister-in-law trying to get all the young-ins to be still for sixty seconds straight. Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment