Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Comunitaria!...por fin

Finally I am an official resident of the E.U. :)

Yesterday we went to Sevilla to pick up my I.D. card as a "comunitaria". We made record time at the Immigration Office: in and out in ten minutes tops! Of course we did come with all the appropriate paperwork and they had said at our previous appt. that we wouldn't have to wait in line (a line, I might add, that on this specific day was at least 100 meters long!). Nevertheless, the more contact one has with Spanish bureaucracy, the more one learns to accept these kinds of assurances with a healthy dose of skepticism.

So you can imagine how surprised we were when we showed the security guard our resguardo and cut in front of the ENORMOUS line to pick up the card. I was nearly skipping on the way out. Just thinking about it makes me smile. :)

That is the latest and most exciting news here.

besitos from Andalucia

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations mi hija! I am sure looking forward to your visit. Thanks for commenting on my blog attempt. Makes me feel good to know you are looking at it. I sure enjoy yours. Check it every day eagerly!

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! that's so exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete