Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Our Posh Picnic

No picnics in Portugal.  This is current news. ;)

Just a week after my parents flew home, we received more visitors!  Angelines is always awed by the way we American's seem to welcome everyone and (just about) anyone into their homes.  From my point of veiw we're earning travel credit: you stay at my house and some day I'll stay at yours!  But I think that concept is pretty foreign here...at least with my wife.  She is slowly getting accustomed to it--what other option do I leave her?! hehehe.

Anyway, as I explained much to the befuddlement of my friends here in town, my sister's best friend's older sister would be visiting with her boyfriend for a few days.  ...Now what's so confusing about that? ;)

Kira arrived on Sunday afternoon with her lovely boyfriend, Ben, in tow.  They have been travelling for a little over a month now and have one more month of travel before heading home!  So far on this trip they've been to Italy, Austria, Germany and now Spain; to be followed by France and England.  Quite the European adventure--something else that Spaniards can't seem to wrap their heads around: "Are they rich?"

Monday evening we packed up our PicnicTime backpack--"state of the art" picnic basket--and headed to El Chorro.  This nearby reservoir is becoming a favorite place to take people when they visit!  It is especially nice in the summer.  We arrived in the late evening so we had the lake all to ourselves.  Kira commented that it reminded her of Lake Davis outside Portola.  The big lake surrounded by pine-covered mountains is actually quite similar...perhaps that's why I like it so much!  

Here is photo evidence of our relaxing evening on the lake:

Kira, Ben and Bela enjoying the water. 


Napkins tucked into bikini tops, pinkies raised: a posh picnic indeed!

No one would lend Ben a bikini top to tuck his napkin into... ;)

Sunset over the lake

Full moon rising on the drive home

3 comments: