Traduce Aqui:

Friday, July 12, 2013

A Record Low!

Never in the history of this blog have I ever gone a full 36 days without a post.  Can I say much other than, "I'm sorry"?  And you're all wondering why I haven't been blogging when you know that my private classes are out for the summer and my exams ended in June...  Hasn't my life calmed down some?  Believe it or not, it hasn't.  The craziness has just manifested itself differently. ;)

A quick run-down:

My parents arrived June 12.
Friends from Belgium arrived on the 17.
My parents and Belguim guests left on the 20.
My university exams were that Saturday the 22.
On Monday the 24, Angelines and I packed up a small suitcase and our dog, rented a car and headed to Portugal to meet my parents who were finishing up with the Rotary International Convention in Lisbon!

Internet was scarce over the 10 days of our vacation and now that we're back Angelines and I are doing our best to take advantage of the extra help (and my dad's handy man abilities) to do such home improvement tasks as installing screen doors, and painting the railing in the patio.  My dad's vocabulary has grown to include such words as broca (drill bit), tornillo (screw), taladro (drill), brocha (paint brush)... you get the idea.

...So, happily, I have many wonderful and FUN excuses for not blogging.  How's that for a change?

I do promise some meaty posts about our adventures, but for now I'll leave you with this small apology and these pictures as a preview.

Our favorite beach in Portugal: Praia Amador  on the southwestern coast.

Bela's first time in the Atlantic Ocean...but not her last by far! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's about time!! Ok, just kidding. A nice brief post (I should learn from this!) Beautiful beach...no people!

    Love you,

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete