Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Baby Steps

Some days you just have to measure in baby steps: today I did the laundry, or finished organizing the cabinets, etc.  Some days the morning flys by and before you know it it's nine in the evening and you don't have much to show for it.  Some days the bigger problems overshadow everything else and you just can't seem to appreciate the little daily achievements that really do make a difference.

Today was one of those days for me.  This morning Angelines and I got up at eight and headed to the bar.  I rode my bike and took a little detour to walk the dog along the way.  The plan was to paint wall of the neighboring building (the owner refused to, but gave us permission to do so) that borders the outside seating area of the bar.  This is part of our efforts to make a nice summer terraza.

By 11:30 we were done... 

The wall looks great, as you can see in the pictures; yet by day's end I was feeling like all of this was worthless and the day had been a waste: nothing accomplished.  The bigger problems had moved in like storm clouds.  Problems with the business license, nit-picky students, money...  I decided to blog these pictures mostly so that this little baby step wouldn't be forgotten, especially by me!

Half way finished...I forgot to get a pic before we started!

The dream team bats clean-up.

Few of the day's other baby steps include:
  • giving myself a haircut
  • sticking down door-stoppers upstairs
  • hanging the shower basket for our shampoos (A had to do it all over again after I mistakenly measured and consequently drilled the four holes in our beautiful bathroom tiles!)
  • putting in new shelves between our large wardrobes
...So it's good to remember that the day wasn't a complete waste.  Here's to keeping things in perspective.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry Viola! Measuring wrong, and drilling the holes in the wrong spot is something genetic you got from me! You should put a small dollop of silicone in the holes to keep moisture from getting in there and causing problems.

    Love you!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete