Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sierra Buttes

Stairs up to the look-out
My cousin Shawna is in town for a few days and we are taking full advantage of her visit: making fools of ourselves in public, watching YouTube videos, making chocolate semifreddo and hiking.  This afternoon we had a picnic hike up the Sierra Buttes--beautiful.  I hadn't hiked up the Buttes since summer after my study abroad in Granada. It was steeper than I remember: 2000 ft. elevation gain in 4 miles!  But the view made it worth all the huffing and puffing...and stopping on the way up. ;)  

Sierra Buttes is a fire look-out and so once we made it to the "top" we had a nice flight of stairs to walk up.  Just a little scary.  I remember being especially freaked out by the mesh floor around the look-out; it just feels so flimsy...especially if you make the mistake of looking down!  It was a great hike.  Lots of fun, joking, good conversation and quite a work out.  We earned our big turkey sandwiches and chocolate bar at the top. ;)

I certainly live in a beautiful place, but you don't have to take MY word for it.  Here's some picture proof:

The view from 8587 ft.

Basking on the Buttes


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Also, I had no idea that snot rockets could be so green....

    Also, when was the last time we Skyped?

    ReplyDelete