Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July!

"Anniversary cup-cakes" 
Well... I didn't end up seeing the fireworks this year.  Sara and I were both just too tired to do much of anything come 9 o'clock.  I guess I've very quickly slipped back into an American schedule because in Spain of course, the party doesn't get going until well after 10pm in summer! ;)  We ended up staying in and toasting my anniversary with glasses of milk and chocolate, fourth of July cupcakes from QFC--delicious!

I did have an All-American dinner over at my Aunt's house, so that, in my mind, makes up for the lack of patriotism that had me in bed by 10:30pm. ;)  We had delicious hot dogs and vegetarian chili with a wonderful green salad.  For dessert she made angel food cake decorated with strawberries and blueberries (red, white and blue).  It was delicious!  She also made some vanilla-honey ice cream that was to die for.

Here's the angel food cake and the little angels who ate it! ;)
The kids had a blast.  My aunt bought cheap pillow cases and they had sack races around the yard and house.  We adults even got in on some of the fun.  My cousin Matt and I had a three legged race against his sister and her husband--we won. ;)  It was a perfect day...you'd never know that most of June has been typical cold, cloudy and rainy weather.  Yesterday was sunny and cloudless.  It was even slightly hot!  Nothing like Andalusia, of course, but that's for the better.

Gob bless America!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a good time celebrating our country's birthday! We did too! Weather here has been beautiful cool nights and warm sunny days! So happy to see you having such a great re-acquaintance with your Portland friends and family! Love you tons!!;

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete