Traduce Aqui:

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Portlandia

I LOVE PORTLAND!

I really love Portland.  That's all there is to it.  

I've been here now for a little over two days and it has been fantastic.  It is wonderful to be in a place that still feels like one of my homes, though it's been so long since I've actually lived here.  So many of the people I love are here in the Portland area; a fact that certainly simplifies my visits to the States. ;)

As always seems to happen on my travels, things have naturally gravitated toward food:  I have eaten sushi for the first time in two years; yesterday I ate Mexican so spicy I was crying, partly out of joy and partly because my tongue was on fire. ;)  I have been relaxing with wonderful home cooking at my Aunt's house.  And reveling in the general abundance of good, fresh foods all around me--a visit to New Season's reaffirmed this feeling.  And last night I spent the afternoon in the kitchen with my dear friend Sara making pesto and gazpacho, laughing, hugging, smiling and marveling at our culinary abilities.   



I'm here through next weekend and am planning to eat my way back to Reno. 

 ...So much food, an so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment