Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Laying Tiles

The first tiles on the bathroom walls were put in place yesterday--so exciting!  Things are moving along.  The bar still isn't built because the builders have been working with the plumber and electrician to get all the wiring and piping set.  I remember my parents' last visit, my dad was fascinated by all the Spanish construction sites.  They used hollow bricks in their building and my dad correctly assumed this was to facilitate piping and wiring inside the walls (I took some pics of that, just for you, dad).  The process is something like this: they knock out a line along the wall, put up the tubing or water pipes and then throw cement over the top.  Simple! ;)

Here are the latest pics:

Toasting in the women's room... ;)  The blue is where the sink and mirror will be, the rest is white.  The men's room will be brown and white.
This picture is for my dad--water pipes in the wall.

Through the stairwell looking up at the tin roof.

Here's another one for my dad--the tubes for electric wiring.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I like the simple elegance of it! Using wood to build is greener however. Renewable resource, carbon sequestration, etc!

    Woody

    ReplyDelete