Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Winding up and Winding down

Oh! My students would appreciate (or hate!) that title--phrasal verbs, the bane of ESL students' existence. ;)  That said, I haven't got much to elaborate on.  It feels as though so much is happening at once and yet there's not much to blog about at the moment.

My private classes are ending little by little which gives me more time to study (theoretically), but I can't say that I've taken advantage of this "extra time" at all.  How is it that other things always crop up to push out (more fun phrasals!) whatever it was you were planning to do?

I have been tremendously unproductive in the last five days, but at the same time I haven't had a minute to myself.  Right now, I'm forcing myself to blog even though, as you've probably noticed, I haven't got a whole lot of news.

Last weekend was our good friends' bachelor party and this weekend is the wedding.  The following weekend is the the romería in Valverde del Camino, and the one after that are my exams.  Four days later, I'm heading to the States for the summer.  To say that I am stressed is an understatement.

I am sad thinking of leaving Angelines for so long, a little worried about her coping with being a single mom (poor Bela), and upset that I won't be here as a support in these last months of the new bar's construction.  Angelines is of course much more stressed about construction than I am, but these things are contagious. I'm still stubbornly walking my dog twice a day for aprox. an hour even though that's time I should probably be spending otherwise and the heat means that 7:00am is the latest I can sleep in if I want to give my puppy her morning exercise.  I have still got classes to prepare and give, though each week they are fewer.  We are also in the midst of working out numbers to see if staying in this house is a real possibility, and just the thought of re-negotiating the price makes me feel a little dizzy.  Part of that whole process is looking at other homes on the market, and thoughts of moving and how/when we'd do that really get my head spinning.  Finally, there is the day-to-day of deciding what to eat and cooking it, washing the dishes, sweeping, mopping, doing laundry...

Of course in the back of my mind, nagging at me constantly through all of this is the fact that I should be studying... I just can't seem to find the motivation to focus long enough to sit down.

4 comments:

  1. omg, states for the summer? Where will you be? Matt and I will be in PDX in late June until July 5th. Any chance you'll be there? I would love to see you! If nothing else, let's try and get a phone call or two in. I keep meaning to install skype but have never gotten around to it.

    Good luck on finishing up the term! I am so proud of your tenacity in pursuing more education. And in another language, no less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogging discipline is awesome! Everything will turn out great! Your sisters, Mom, and I can't wait to see you!!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Baby ;) Momma here ... EYE ON THE PRIZE!! There are lots of people waiting for you here who adore you tons and have great plans to help you unwind. XO (This will be bonding time for A. & Bela??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to see you this summer and have you be here on my special day!!! I know you will miss Angelines a lot but we are all excited that we will see you here...Can't wait and love you! -Emily (Smith)

    ReplyDelete