Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter!

So although Semana Santa wasn't what it usually is, this year I celebrated Easter my way! ;) That is to say, the American way. On Tuesday my little cousins came over and painted eggs. We used water color...not the best, because it takes a long time to dry I found, but it seemed like the least toxic option given that I didn't have normal egg dye. The other trick is that Spanish eggs aren't white. They're all brown, so I'm not sure how all the dye would have taken in any case.


As you can see, the eggs came out pretty good. I think in the end the moms and I had more fun painting them than the kids. Most of them lost patience pretty quickly. ;) Our patio's just too much fun to stay sitting at a table painting eggs!


Sunday afternoon (couldn't be too American about it now, could I?) they came over and sure enough, the Easter Bunny had come and hid their eggs along with some chocolates! They were super excited to hunt around the patio and found all the eggs pretty fast. I made pancakes for an afternoon merienda, but the kids, once again, were having too much fun running around the patio, kicking balls, swinging and hunting snails! And, once again, the moms were the ones who really enjoyed my American treat, complete with maple syrup.

Happy Easter, all!

3 comments:

  1. You're eggs look awesome! And nice touch with the pancakes :) Happy Easter Twinnie!

    <33

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to know you are bringing a bit of America to Andalucia! The kids look like they really had a blast! So, did you use my secret recipe to make pancakes for your guests??

    Love you!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The eggs look great! Sounds like a very happy Easter :) Cute pics, too.

    ReplyDelete