Traduce Aqui:

Monday, May 2, 2011

A morning out

Sunday was a treat. I spent the first half of my morning shopping with my sister and brother-in-law and nephew... Those of you who know me are wondering if I have a fever right now! ;) Although I'm not a shopping fan in general, I actually enjoyed myself and even bought some much needed summer clothes. We went to a kind of flea market in the nearby town of Casariche--they have everything there! I was quite impressed, honestly.

Back in La Roda, Angelines and I jumped into the car again to head in the opposite direction: Sierra de Yeguas. Do you remember the asparagus festival last year? Well this weekend was the eleventh annual asparagus and organic agriculture festival. It rained some, but we got to have a nice visit with Angelines' sister (she lives in Sierra de Yeguas) and this year we actually got to eat some grilled asparagus!

There's a tent set up with big grills and about seven people working to hand out plates of grilled asparagus to the hungry populace (free!). :) This year, with the rain, the line was shorter so it wasn't a ridiculous wait to get my plate of steaming, slightly charred and oh-so-yummy asparagus.


I only had the patience for picture while I was waiting in line--my zoom isn't very powerful, thus the blurry photo. Once I had my plate in hand it was all business, my camera completely forgotten. Excuse my slip in documentation.

Here's to green veggies and a morning out on the town!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmm asparagrass ;) I'm glad you had a good time Sunday, and that you're warming up to shopping, maybe someday (over the rainbow) we can go together! Haha I love you Opie :)

    Here here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Opie! I will grill you some Asper-grass on the Weber when you come visit. Somehow I just didn't get enough of you last July!

    Great post! You have a wonderful way of making every-day events of life seem so extraordinary. I have a hard time "envisioning" a post about something like that, but actually, I think they are even better than the "BIG EVENTS"!

    Love you sooooo much!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, when are you going to comment on my latest post??

    ReplyDelete