Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Very belated update!


I know you've all been wondering if I'd fallen of the face of the Earth... no. I have not. Or perhaps more exactly, I should say, I'm not the one who fell! That's right, we have an invalid amongst us. Angelines, although she didn't fall of the face of the Earth (thank goodness) did take a nasty fall at the end of the day Sunday of our romeria (that's the pilgrimage we make out to the country each year with San Pancracio or "Saint Pancras").

She ended up spraining her foot pretty badly and so that night and early morning were spent at the emergency room! She was on crutches all last week and now can put some weight on it. She has a bandage wrapped up to her knee almost...even though the sprain was on the top of her foot. We're going into the doctor again tomorrow to see what he says about it. She's hoping to be able to work this weekend. Though I think they're too many hours to be up and on her feet...or foot, as the case may be.


This past weekend she paid a friend to open for her and she stayed home. Even though she had crutches and was ordering me around left and right, it was still like a little vacation ;). I didn't get much done in terms of school work since I usually leave it for the weekends when I'm home alone! Oops. But, having my girl here with me was just too much to resist. Saturday was a beautiful day and in the evening we ate out on the patio by candle-light. I told Angelines I might have to push her down stairs or something along those lines every now and then just to be able to enjoy a weekend at home with her once in a while. ;)


So there's my good excuse for not writing in such a long while: I've been playing nurse!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Mary! So much for that low center of gravity theory eh? Haha the belatedness of your blog is forgiven Nurse Viola :P

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOHHHH¡¡¡¡¡¡
    QUE ROMANTICO¡¡¡ COMPRENDO LO QUE HAS DISFRUTADO.
    PERO....TOCAREMOS MADERA, PARA QUE NO SE CAIGA MAS.
    BSOS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for getting back in the blogosphere Viola! Even though you had brought mom and I up to speed, I still love to read your wonderful writing!

    Love,

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete