Traduce Aqui:

Monday, April 11, 2011

My kind of afternoon

That's right, this afternoon was perfect: in the kitchen with my favorite sous chef. ;) And yeah, sorry mom...I found your B-day present early. But this really was the best way to estrenarlo.


In one hour (from 9-10pm!) we made lentils, spaghetti sauce, filetes empanados and san jacobos! In part, we're getting ready for Semana Santa--it's always good to have food on hand. Most of what we made is to be frozen (a full freezer is my idea of heaven). And in part we were just restocking. Between visits and exams, there hasn't been a lot of time for staying on top of the cooking. So today we made up the menu for the rest of the week and brainstormed some food to freeze for next week--voila! The best part is, the kitchen is cleaner than when we started. That's the upside to living/cooking with a semi-OCD Spaniard. ;)

I can't wait to eat all the goodies we cooked up!

(There's a definite relationship between my love for cooking and my love for eating.) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Opie!! OK, I deserve your scorn, I have been slacking on the blogging. What a great picture!! And what a great post, it really made me want to fly to Spain to drink Riojas and have you just cook for me!!

    Love you soooooo much sweetheart!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete