Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thoughts in general:

So this evening as I made the 1/4 mile walk from work back to my car, the smell of bread waffed towards me as I passed a gas station. And I noticed, walking by the entrance to the quick mart that among the various icons advertising what they sold, there was a clip-art style picture of steaming bread: fresh baked bread sold at your local gas station.

(You know you're in Spain when...)

The funny thing is that at first I wasn't surprised by this at all; why wouldn't they sell fresh bread at a convenience store? It IS convenient, after all. ;) But then my American self realized this was actually NOT a normal thing. I have to say I do enjoy living in a country that puts such value on fresh, warm, bread that you can find it just about anywhere that sells food stuffs. Of course how good it actually is, is another matter, but I do tend to think that any old ready-bake loaf is a big step above sliced Wonder Bread!

---

There have been several things that I've meant to comment to you all about (sometimes I wonder just how many "all" is), but this week and weekend have gone by almost without my noticing at all, which means I haven't had much time.

I wish I knew exactly what it was that makes my weeks fly by or drag on eternally. It seems like something that, if I were more mathematically inclined, I could figure out. You know, graph the variables: time spent on class prep., spent with friends, sleep, food, exercise, hormones... and figure out an equation for just the right amount of everything to have a perfect week every week.

Too bad I'm not more mathematically inclined! In any case this week, I'm feeling on top of my classes and my life in general. Go figure.

So there you have it...my way of saying, I've got nothing more to say. It's true, however, that having this blog makes me think about things to write, makes me more aware of what I'm doing/feeling, which I tend to think is a good thing in general. Even if I don't remember what on earth it was that I wanted to write to you about, I'm glad I thought of it to begin with.

Thanks for the inspiration. ;)

besitos de Andalucia

1 comment:

  1. Spain - you gotta' love it, and I do, Darlin' :) I'm so glad you had a good week. You used to be a math STAR ... remember the "Calculus Club"??? I say, bone up on the math and let's get 'er figured out, Baby!! (Or you could just give the job to Maggie ... she has been putting down "physics" as her major on college app's!!)

    XO - Ma

    ReplyDelete