Traduce Aqui:

Friday, January 15, 2010

Oops!...

Wow... I just re-read my last post--I think it's obvious I should be proof-reading these things!

Excuse my errors, please.

So I'm still figuring out this whole blog business, but some of you have said that you couldn't comment. I'm pretty sure I've fixed that now. Anyone can comment. I'm a little frustrated that I can't figure out how to customize the format...but I guess that will give me something to do this weekend, right?

It's funny, how having a blog makes me feel some kind of obligation to post things. I'm not in the mood to go out even though it's a Friday night. I've put on my PJ's and I'm snuggled up at my heated table with my book. I was going to read, but knowing that I've got this page makes me feel like I should take advantage of my free time to inform you all about "things" here...

The truth is I haven't got a lot to report. This week was the first full week back to work since Christmas break--that was rough. It's hard getting back into the swing of things, but really the week went much better that I anticipated. Every Sunday I get worked up about the week: I don't have things prepared, I don't know what to do in class... And then it's Friday before I know it and while nothing is perfect, I've survived another week. ;)

So you're wondering why the pessimistic tone? I'm not really sure, I guess. Just a general sense that teaching isn't really for me. Most days in my classes all goes well, and I enjoy it and I think the students do too; but every weekend, without fail, I get worked up about starting a new week. I know that it's normal to an extent, but I also think that it stems from a general dissatisfaction with what I'm doing. I'm glad to have work--really glad! Don't get me wrong...but I don't think this is what I want to spend my life doing.

This is what I was talking to Alicia about when she suggested I start a blog. What one thing has to do with another, I can't really remember, but here I am posting. Anyway, maybe some of you have feedback. What can I do?

Well there's a small and incoherent update for you.

I never promised to make sense. ;)

---
culinary note for the day:
Amazing pasta with tomato almond cream sauce for lunch! Spectacular, I must say. As long as I've got a kitchen, ingredients and good food, life is good. :)

Hasta luego!





2 comments:

  1. HI Viola! A nice post today. Some of what you are feeling might be just the anxiety of having to create a new program each week. That is the way it goes with teaching. For those who keep doing it, I think after a while things get pretty good because you only have to "fine tune", or "tweak" your lesson plans. Then again, maybe you are just not cut out for it. Perhaps writing (or cooking) is your passion after reading your Blog! Probably not gardening :)

    Love you

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Baby :) I have to agree with Daddy. Keep EVERY SNGLE THING you prepare for your classes because if you ever do something like this again it will be so much easier - you simply have to pull something out, and upon revisiting it you're experiences since last using it will give you ideas for improvements. You'll be spending a fraction of the time on each lesson, and feeling much much better about them as they get better and better. This is why teachers HATE being moved to a different grade each year - they never get to this point. But the good news is - you don't have to waste time slicing your potatoes ... they grow bite-sized!!! Love you:) Ma

    ReplyDelete