Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Shakira's Speech at Oxford Union

I came across this gem of a speech surfing around a blog that was recommend for my Didáctica de la Literatura Infantil class.  (That's right, I'm still taking classes...)  My exams are fast approaching: Feb. 6th, and so I am beginning to cram.  I say "cram" even though we're still two weeks out because in all honesty, I've done next to nothing all semester--surprise, surprise.  I have done the classwork to keep my participation grade up, but I haven't been attending classes or doing the reading.  So now it's catch up time in these last two weeks.

And I must say that I am a little sorry that I didn't take this class sooner in my studies just because it's a class I really would have liked to dedicate more time to.  The teacher is great--very engaging and fun; and the subject matter is obviously right up my alley.  Especially now with little Emily, I am even more interested in finding quality children's literature and learning about the best, most effective ways to get her hooked on books from the beginning. ;)

Anyway, I'll leave you with this video now.  I must say, this changed my opinion of Shakira, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment