Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Overdue

Wow...almost a month has flown by without a single word from me in the blogosphere!  Shame, shame, shame.  Thankfully, I have the cutest, most wonderful excuse EVER:


Emily is growing a cm. per week and already weighs over 4 kilos (roughly 8.5lbs).  Her growing layer of fat means that her cute wrinkly forehead is a thing of the past.  You'd be hard pressed to find the slightest furrow on her brown regardless of her expression.  When she was first born she looked like a little shar pei puppy every time she'd raise her eyebrows!

She is beginning to smile more and more. She's so serious most of the time that her smile is quite a treat.  It lights up her whole face!  And today she even laughed a little.  I am transfixed by her growth and development.  I just cannot believe how quickly it's all happening.

Things around here have been stressful.  The holidays always are, and especially in this house.  Angelines of course doesn't get Christmas vacation...in fact, it's the very busiest time of the year for her.  Once again, my parents have been lifesavers.  Aside from stepping in and cleaning the bar, cooking, cleaning and dog-walking, just having them here in the house with baby Em and me gives A a peace of mind that she wouldn't otherwise have.  She's been able to pretty much go about her normal (stressful) business of stocking and fretting, budgeting and working herself to death, without having to worry about me being home alone with our little girl.

This year Christmas has been much merrier than in the past because my whole family was together!  It's been six years since all of us were together for the holidays; and of course this year was extra special being little Emily A.'s first Christmas. :)  Maggie and Lucy arrived on the 23rd and left this morning at 9:30am (a barbarous hour on New Year's Day for any Spaniard). My brother-in-law asked (only half way joking) if we were sure the pilot would be sober! 

Their visit was far too short, but I suppose considering the circumstances (A.'s stress and my fluxing hormone levels) a quick visit was the best plan.  I like to think we took advantage of our time together, but in reality, little Emily was top on my priority list and I wasn't much up for staying up late laughing and teasing like we always have in the past.  When my baby was asleep at 9pm, it was bedtime for Francis. ;)  Still, we did watch a few movies, do some yoga, go for a couple walks, play Christmas carol trivia while I nursed... I loved having them around even though I didn't get much chance to just hang out with either of them much.

Now the house is starting to feel empty and I am realizing that in just a week and a half I'll be all alone!

...interrupted by baby again so I'm leaving this here. 

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. It was so wonderful to get to spend Christmas all together! And even though Emily is a little Twinnie-hog, I can't be mad...she's too darn cute :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete