Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, October 16, 2014

...At the Last Minute

It seems that procrastination is a hereditary trait.  The bad habbit of putting things off until the last minute is something I have been fighting against for the better part of my life, and it seems that my little Emily is doomed to follow in her mother's footsteps.

After waking up at six in the morning on Wednesday, to be out the door and at the hospital by eight, and after waiting for a good half hour in the gynecology ER before they called me in, little Emily Alejandra, contortionist extraordinaire, had put herself into place.  No version necessary!  The doctor turned on the ultrasound machiene, gelled up my belly and then, with the wand just above my pubic bone declared, "There's her head!"  What a relief! :)

Once the version was cancelled they took me off to monitor litte Em's heart for a good twenty minutes and check for any contractions--all was well and 0 contractions.  Next week we have an appointment for the same.  From here until 40 weeks (two weeks away) we'll be going in for the monitoring...unless, of course, I go into labor before then. ;)

Anyway, this is all great news.  I was really not looking forward to the version procedure.  I am very happy that Emily and I haven't had to be sedated for her to get her little head in gear, so to speak.  As a procrastinator myself, I like to say, "better late than never, little one!"

3 comments: