Traduce Aqui:

Monday, October 6, 2014

Acrobat

That, it would seem, is what I have on my hands: a little acrobat.

At today's ultrasound appointment little Emily was a full 180º from her position just two weeks ago.  That is to say, bottom at 6 o'clock head at 1!  Two weeks ago the doctor assured me that such a thing would be quite rare because as she grows there's less room to move around in there, but confined spaces don't seem to hinder her spinning around, it would seem. :(

We have made an appointment for the 15th to go ahead with the procedure I mentioned in my last post and move her into place from the outside.  She will be bigger by then and it could be more difficult, but my parents arrive on the 14th, so we decided it was the best date just in case they have to do a C-section.

Of course, there is always the chance that we'll get down to Málaga, all set up in the surgery ward and when they turn on the ultrasound Emily will have moved into place on her own, in which case they wouldn't need to do the procedure at all.  Once again, the doctor said this would be rare given that she'll be even bigger; but keeping in mind that we are dealing with a little contortionist, I am somewhat hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. Momma here -
    I am so thankful that you have been able to wait for our arrival for the "version" procedure, Darlin'. I, too, am hopeful that all this will be for naught ... that our little acrobat will find her way into position by next Tuesday and we can just go out for lunch at the beach and head home!! I think she is just on a little "explore" of her own ... her adventurous mother's daughter :) See you soon!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete