Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New Toys

Angelines had a birthday last week and much to my mother-in-law's shagrin, I gave her money to buy some completely "unnecessary" new toys. ;)  My plan was to buy the stuff ahead of time and to a propper birthday surprise, but that's hard to do when the stores you need to shop at are an hour's drive away and there's no way to take the car on your own without raising suspicions!  Anyway, I figure since we never even give each other Christmas presents, once a year we're allowed to spend money on something just for fun, right?  I mean, what are birthdays for, anyway?   Both of us are penny pinching lately and so even A., who's been dying for a work bench/table and also decided that our garage was the perfect place to hang a basketball hoop (I love this girl!), was reluctant to spend the money from my piggy bank on such whims.  I conviced her. ;)

We headed to Málaga, did the shopping and then spent the early afternoon at the beach--our first time in the sea all summer (!).  It was a splendid day.  Angelines immediately set up her new work bench when we got home from the beach...in fact, we left earlier than I would have liked just so she could start playing with her new toys!  And today we finally got around to hanging the basketball hoop.  I'm not sure who likes it more, Angelines, the neighbor boy (about ten years old), or Bela!

My puppy's love of all things round and bouncey knows no size limit.  The neighbor gave her a golf ball a few weeks ago that she adores and today she was going CRAZY (jumping several feet in the air) to catch the basketball between her paws!  It's pretty hillarious.  This evening I had a good time playing a variation of "Around The World" with Angelines and Sergio (neighbor boy), but it was almost more fun watching my perra loca jumping around like mad.  When we finally forced her to take a break and locked her in the patio, she cried the whole time.

Here are a few pics of Angelines's birthday spoils:


1 comment:

  1. Good for you two(three)! Sounds like it was a happy birthday day. Love you a ton plus 3.5!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete