Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Visitors

I know I've been bad about blogging lately.  Sorry.  Things have been busy around here and yet I can't exactly even explain all we've been up to.  Some how the day-to-day ends up taking over and Monday suddenly becomes Friday and...another week without a blog post!

This evening I had a lovely surprise.  A "cousin" of mine (a cousin of my host family in Granada) dropped by to say hi!  It was wonderful. :)  She strolled into the bar, introduced herself to Angelines and proceeded to get directions to my house.  I was walking the dog at the time and so wasn't answering my phone.  She and her boyfriend (from a neighboring town and the "real" reason for being in my area) got a bit lost and had to call me for directions.  Luckily I had arrived home from my walk just minutes before they called.  I showed them the house and we chatted briefly.

It's been at least three years since I've seen her; but somehow I still had a picture of her in my mind as the ten-year-old she was way back when I studied abroad!  ...That's changed.  Unfortunately, she has classes tomorrow and had to be getting back to Malaga but now that she knows where I live and has seen my guest room(s) she promises another, longer visit soon. :)

And on a similar note, tomorrow my good friend, Sara from Portland is coming to visit!!  I can't wait.  Today I was cleaning the upstairs, making her bed and setting out fresh towels for her.  It will be a too-short visit (six days only), I can tell already, but I am thrilled all the same.  It's been 6.5 years since she's been here to La Roda.  She was the first friend to visit me here...  Last time she came, I was living alone in the piso (nearly alone) and the two of us shared my tiny twin bed!!!  Now she'll have the entire upstairs of my house to herself--my how things have changed. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I always look forward to your posts! Promise I will catch up soon!

    Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete