Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rubber Fingers?

So apparently I have hands of rubber.  Unfortunately, coming to this conclusion took shutting my finger in the car door!  And I don't mean just slamming my finger.  I mean, I shut the door and half of my right index finger stayed inside!  Somehow the warning signal to my brain (ie PAIN) was slower than my intention to leave the car.  I was jerked back toward the car as I tried to walk away...just as if my shirt had been caught in the door and a mili-second later I felt the pain.

The lucky thing is that I didn't break my finger.  I didn't even break skin.  We immediately iced it and then  put some anti-inflamatory cream on it.  The cream supposedly stops bruising, too.  I've always been sceptical...but right now, if you looked at my right hand you would never know I had my finger smashed in a door--it's not even swollen anymore...and it hardly swelled in the first place.

I had a nice indentation in my finger for about a half hour or more...but it's gone now.

I have rubber fingers!

1 comment:

  1. Whew! That post gave me sympathetic "Daddy pains". I used to get these any time you fell down or hurt yourself as a little one! Some things never change.

    Love U MX> Forever!!

    ReplyDelete