Traduce Aqui:

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday already

I'm here at the table with my oatmeal again. This weekend has been far more productive than the last one, but I still can't believe it's Sunday already.

I spent most of my time this weekend making a power point presentation about California. I can't figure out how to attach it here, though so you'll just have to trust me when I say it is amazing! I'm very pleased with it and I think the kids will LOVE it. :) I made it to use in Casariche at the elementary school, but of course the good thing about my jobs is that they all run together. Material that I create/find for one works for the other, too. So one of these days when I'm not sure what to do with my students in Antequera, I can whip out my CA. power point and brag about my home state. ;) I've still got a few things I want to get done before tomorrow, but I'm feeling quite good about my level of productivity for the weekend.

This morning I'm helping Angelines in the bar, however, which means anything more I want to do will have to wait until this afternoon. Real Betis is playing at 12 noon again, so she's opening early and we're doing tapas again. Betis has got a weird playing schedule this year because they've been demoted to segundo--the second tier league.

It's been kind of hard on business because there are a lot of people in La Roda who used to come watch the games Sunday evenings at the bar. At the beginning of the season, the owner of the team wasn't even allowing games to be televised! Now you can watch the games, but they've got a completely different schedule from the first tier league, e.g. a lot of morning games.

I suppose in the end, the decent to 2nd is a mixed blessing. Now that we've started to do tapitas in the mornings all the regulars come to watch, and I think people are glad to have a change. The bar isn't a tapas bar, but we put out good tapas (almost exclusively made by my mother in law): tortilla, boquerones en vinagre, chorizo en vino, salcichon... Mmmm.

Well, my time for blogging is up. I've got to wake Angelines up so we can get ready to open.

Besitos

2 comments:

  1. The Tapas sound great! I want some boquerones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Viola! Finally got to read your BLOGG! I love hearing your adventures..feel like I'm almost there, the fotos & food R a great idea too. I like the new stove, now I don't feel so bad.Hope the walls quit weeping, strange? Ciao 4 now, xo love you, "Tia J.Maria" <3 Happy Valentine's Day! <3

    ReplyDelete