Traduce Aqui:

Monday, June 11, 2018

The Circus of the Sun

The show was absolutely amazing!  My parents had given me some money for my birthday earmarked for "something fun with the whole family" and so I decided what better than to buy the good seats I normally couldn't treat myself to.   We were front row (though off to one side a bit...I didn't think spending ALL of it in one place was wise) and it was wonderful! 

Emily spent a lot of the show on our laps because being so close to the stage I think it was a little hard for her to see, but that didn't stop her being enthralled with all of it.  When the lights came on at intermission, she turned to us and said, "But I want to see more dancing!"

There were some truly amazing circus feats as well as fun/funny skits with clowns.  Emily's favorite was a woman who "danced" in the air with rings.  I think she may have been more attracted to the flowing Indian-style skirt she was wearing than to her performance, though it was truly amazing to see how she could move with such grace and control.  She was pure muscle!

Being front row we could really feel the energy from the performers.  I began to cry in the last part of the show watching the acrobats jump from thin rod to rod, each held on the shoulders of two other performers.  Their focus, concentration, and pure love of what they were doing was so evident.  I was struck by the beauty of being lost in the moment--holding my breath with each new feat and grinning uncontrollably as they successfully moved on to an even greater challenge of balance, trust, strength and teamwork.

It was spectacular.  All of it.  And we all three really enjoyed ourselves.  There were of course no cameras allowed in the Big Top and I didn't break the rules so...you'll have to do without pictures. 

I promise more of an update blog soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. HOW KOOL, Viola ... what a wise Mommie and wife you are, to have chosen such a perfect outing :) I just hope your daughter doesn't decide to "run away with the circus" now - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS - that last note was from "Anonymous", too!! XOGA

    ReplyDelete