Traduce Aqui:

Monday, July 16, 2018

The Times They Are A Changin'

June went by in a whirlwind, but I have been purposely avoiding the blogosphere.  Although I am fairly certain that my only readers are you dear friends and family...you never can be sure. 

As I'm sure you remember, I am finishing my studies to become a certified Montessori Guide for 3-6 year-olds.  The degree actually ends in October, but looking to the future, I decided I should begin sending out my CV this spring just to see what happened.  October is too late to begin looking for a job for the 2018/19 school year.  I was also worried that if there was too much of a lapse between finishing my studies and getting into the classroom, I would become far less marketable, especially considering that my degree has been 100% online and much of what we're learning is very hands-on.

In April and May I began seriously searching.  I won't go into details here since it is a public forum, but let it be said that it's been a reaffirming experience.  I was even offered the chance to do two weeks student-teaching at the beginning of June after interviewing at a school and jumped at the opportunity.  For two weeks I was commuting to Córdoba every morning and working afternoons at the academy.  It was so illuminating and also humbling to be in the classroom and OBSERVE the guides/children in action.  It was a wonderful experience.

Now that a contract has been signed, I feel confident announcing that in September I will begin teaching at a school in Granada!  Emily will be able to attend school free.  I am so happy and proud that I can give her something different from what is otherwise offered.  And, of course, the location is just icing on the cake!  It's actually a small town on the outskirts of Granada capital--even better in my mind.

I have rediscovered my love of Simon and Garfunkel this past week, and with such big changes on the horizon what better title for this post??  The times cetainly are a changin'!  We have to find somewhere to live in Granada and figure out what to do with our house here in La Roda (right now we're hoping to rent it).  At least this first year, we'll be living between Granada and La Roda since we won't be selling or renting the bar.  Angelines only opens Thurs-Sun so we'll be back on the weekends, which I think will be nice for my in-laws and for Emily because she dearly loves her abuelita and her tita.

This month and until September I don't have anymore classes for my Montessori studies (summer vacation), but now I am very motivated to keep up with it all and revise what we've been studying.  All that is to say that in theory, I have more time...but you know how life is!  Something always comes up. :)

1 comment:

  1. Although none of this is "news" to me, I can't tell you how much it means to be to read it all again, and relive the excitement of this past couple of months, Darlin'. I'm so proud of you and Angelines, and the hard work and courage it takes to make your lives be what you want, rather than just drift through your years. I KNOW that when the dust settles all three of you will be so happy that you have taken these risks and built such a shinning future. You are an inspirational family. I love you all so much ... 1000 x's more! XOXOGA

    ReplyDelete