Traduce Aqui:

Friday, February 6, 2015

All's Well...

...That ends well!

I am home, eating a sandwich on the couch with a fire blazing and a sleeping baby in the bedroom.  All has certainly ended well. ;)  Our trip to Sevilla went smoothly and we arrived with time for me to give Emily a quick snack before my first exam and then because I finished early we had lots of time for a good feeding before the second one.

I feel very good about both the tests I took.  The first one I'm pretty sure I nailed it 100%.  I'm a little less sure about my second one, although I am sure that I passed.  Hooray!  No more exams for me!! :)

Emily was a little champ.  She was a little dream baby for her auntie and even let her read for about 45 min. while she napped during my first exam!  What a good little girl. :)  When I finished my last test I could hear her crying as I came out of the room.  She was pretty tired, sweet girl.  I was able to put her to sleep in the hotel lobby (the exams are in the hotel's convention rooms), but unfortunately she woke up after moving her into the car.  She got increasingly upset and we had to pull over before getting out of Seville to calm her down some--poor baby.  In the end we had to let her cry for a bit in her carseat, but super auntie sang her to sleep and she was out all the way home.

The afternoon went flawlessly smooth if it hadn't been for one small hiccup.  When Toñi rushed out the door with Emily to go feed the parking meter, my jacket (with cell phone in the pocket) fell out from under the stroller without her noticing!  As it turns out, she didn't need to put anymore money on the meter because at 8 o'clock parking's free.  When she got back to the hotel, happy to have saved a few cents, she got a panicked call from Angelines asking where she was and where I was and why I didn't have my phone!  As it turns out, a nice, young lady found my phone and called the first contact (Aangelines) on the list...  She turned my phone in at the hotel front desk, but someone thought my jacket was too much to resist with this awful cold snap we're having!  I loved that jacket, too...  but I guess I'll console myself thinking that someone else, colder than I, will be snuggled and warm through these cold weeks ahead.  I have other coats.

...So, as I say, all's well that ends well.  My exams went well.  We made it home.  I have my phone.  The baby is still sleeping and now I'm off to bed, too!

1 comment:

  1. Big HOORAY for the tests, and for Wonderful Baby-Girl and Super Auntie, but a big BOO for the chaqueta :( I hope it wasn't the way-kool teal one??? At least it wasn't taupe!!! Proud of you, Smart One <3 XOXOMa

    ReplyDelete