Traduce Aqui:

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Welcome to the World

Well, all of you have seen by precious daughter by now I am sure.  With the way communication and social networks go these days I feel like everyone saw her before even I did!  On the one hand that was a wonderful thing because we were being bombarded by congratulatory Whatsapp messages and phone calls... and I still haven't dared to log on to facebook (my dad posted a picture or two).  But at the same time it couldn't help feeling just a little invasive in such an intimate, beautiful moment.  

Anyway, I really have been wanting to share this with all of you and write it down for myself, but of course that's hard to do with a baby on your breast! At the moment, it seems that my little, milk-guzzling, wiggle worm is down for the count so I can finally get on here and share some of all this myself.  

***

...So I started writing that this morning over my dad's homemade pancakes (yummmmm) and since then we've had to bathe and nurse little Em.  I think I'll opt for a longer email some other time.  And leave you with a little picture documentation for now.  Now that my milk's come in it seems Emily A. is more and more satisfied after each feeding and therefore sleeps a bit longer each time.  

In any case, I cannot complain--she's the world's sweetest baby and really doesn't cry at all.  It's just that she's so small she gets tired at the breast and spends a very long time there, sucking, resting, sucking, sleeping, sucking, resting...etc.  So of course that means I can do very little other than read or chat with the seemingly endless stream of visitors who come by to see my little bundle.

Today we're going to venture out with her.  During pregnancy I couldn't eat jamón, and today there is a jamón expo. in a nearby town...I'm taking full advantage of my non-pregnant state and we're off on the town with my little one to ingulge in the best cured pig this side of the Atlantic! ;)

Hours old and I'm a happy, happy mommy.

Could she be any cuter?

Sunbathing with mamá to keep bilirubin at bay...

She got dressed up to leave the hospital.

Five days old and still wondering exactly what's happened to her. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So precious :) I think the pictures in your blog posts are just going to keep getting better and better ;) Enjoy the jamón!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that first picture of you and Emily A. is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I can't believe how tiny she is! A million congratulations and joys to you and Angelines! Huge hugs and lots of love from the Pacific Northwest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and sweet! I can't seem to get that. Still working on recording my (and Mom's) perspective. Soon!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete