Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

One Week Old

It is hard to believe that just one week ago my baby girl was only hours old.  I can already tell this is going to go by far too fast.

Welcome Emily Alejandra!

...one week ago today...
At the moment, my little angel is sleeping peacefully and has been for the past three hours...  My breasts say it's time for her to wake up, but I am rue to wake a sleeping baby.  We wore her out today with a visit to the pediatrician for her and a visit for me to the midwife to look at my stiches.  All is well, my girl's gained back 100 gr. although the pediatrician warns that that is the minimum.  She wants to see us next week again.  My milk only came in on Saturday, so I am sure that she will gain much more weight this week.  In anycase I know that breastfed babies are a little slower to gain than bottle-fed babes.  

...I am beginning to hear her stir so I think I'll jump at the chance to empty my engorged breasts.  There is no lack of food here, let me tell you.  Little Em just isn't taking full advantage of my full boobies!

more soon...

thanks Leah! One week today :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so precious, I don't even know what to do with myself! I must have the most beautiful niece in the world!

    Love you all
    Maggie-the favorite auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Hija! Almost have mine finished.

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, glad you like the onesie :-) What a precious little bundle.

    Julie gained really slowly too. Hope your pedi is understanding and that things have improved since this post.

    ReplyDelete