Traduce Aqui:

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Casa Rural

Thursday Angelines, Bela and I came home from a mini vacation to a casa rural in Granada.  After two months of separation, those four days of relaxing, one-on-one time were just what we all needed!

This little escape was A's idea.  About two weeks before I came home when we were skyping one morning she asked if I wanted to go away somewhere when I got back.  My reaction: Duh!!!  I immediately started looking for places near to home that would allow dogs--this was to be a true family vacation.  We ended up finding a perfect little house in the Sierra Arana north of Granada and just outside the town center of Cogollos Vega.  It was a beautiful place and being up on the hillside we had great views out over the plains.

Despite the current drought, there were a lot of natural springs all over the mountain and our whole place was set up with sprinklers and a drip system.  We had a great lawn bordered by beautiful marigolds; ivy, moss, fig trees and grape vines.  They even had quite a substantial vegetable garden that we were allowed to raid. ;)

I believe there was internet available, but I left my computer at home because I wanted to really be present ...and in the end I even forgot my book!  Angelines and I spent the days cooking, eating, playing cards or parchis, walking the dog and swimming in the pool.  It was perfect.

Bela was also very happy with our vacation.  She had our attention nearly 100% of the time, got long walks, had a few playmates around and even got to swim with us in the pool (later we got in trouble for that...).  There was another young dog that belonged to the family that owned the houses and ended up being Belita's best friend.  She wouldn't leave us alone!  She came on all our walks with us and spent the better part of each day playing with Bela on our lawn.  But my puppy made a few human friends as well.  The family's eleven-year-old son fell in love with Bela and spent hours playing football with her.  The poor dog was beat and this kid just wouldn't let up!  It was cute at first, but got a little tiresome after the first hour...  He would even stay out there playing with the dog while A and I were eating lunch!  GO HOME!

Our mini vacation flew by, but at least we've come back to real life feeling a bit more refreshed.  Things with the bar are moving along.  There was a hang-up with the tiles for the floors, but they've got the new shipment in now and the builders will be here Monday to finish that.  I think this week we'll start painting and Tuesday we want to make a trip to Malaga to look for lamps and tables, etc.  Now most of what's left to do are the little details...the fun stuff. ;)  I'll post pictures as soon as we're finished.

A few more pictures for your visual enjoyment:

Walking the dog

It almost looks like I took this picture back in Portola!

We found a fountain on our walk and Bela thought it looked like she might be able to swim...

Sunset over la vega 

No comments:

Post a Comment