Traduce Aqui:

Friday, December 23, 2011

My Christmas Carol

It might be a bit presumptuous to liken myself to Charles Dickens, but I have just come home from the first annual Christmas story contest. I won first prize. :) The city organized the contest for all ages. The only pre-requisite being that you had to be "de La Roda". The maximum length was two pages, a little bit short for much development, but I took it as a challenge and last weekend wrote up a short story about an American girl's first Christmas in Spain. (Sound familiar?)

Unfortunately there was very little participation, so I can't be quite as proud of my first prize as I would be otherwise, but all the same I have a full "cesta de Navidad" valued at 50 euros! Needless to say, I was thrilled, though now that I haven't got much of a sweet tooth I'm not sure what to do with all the Christmas candies, chocolates and truffles. I'm most happy about the bottles of cava and the salchicón ibérico!

Here's a photo of the winnings:



Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Quite a haul! We read your sweet story at the dinner table on Christmas eve with the Stanton's! It was great. Here's a thought...re-write the story in English and you can develop it all you want, no page limit! Would love to have it become a part of our Christmas tradition!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete