Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Evolution

This is the evolution of the latest assignment in my "Artistic Education" class.
Enjoy:

Ta-Dah!
Pretty good, huh? I am very pleased with how it came out... It was doubtful when I began adding the shadows, but I think I can safely say I've never been so impressed by something I've drawn! :)
---
Yreka, California 1990: I am seven years old and enrolled in an evening art class. Every week my mom comes with me along with another mother-daughter pair, friends of the family. We do things like linoleum block prints, glass etching, and drawing upside-down to work both sides of our brains.

Today we're drawing hands--they're hard! I've been erasing and redrawing line after line and I'm not very pleased with the way mine have turned out. As I scowl down at the paper, my mother's friend looks over from across the table, "That looks like a cow's udder!" I blush and an embarrassed anger churns in my stomach--I will not cry.

But when we get home I let loose. I cry and cry, and scream: "I hate her!!" Then I cry some more.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive dear sister!!!! :) You are quite artistic! You've come a long way from drawing cows utters apparently lol
    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that day in Yreka. I know Cathy didn't mean to hurt you, but she did. It is so terrible to hurt a child. I have done it too. All we can do as we become more conscious beings is to strive to help and not hurt. Childhood is such a special time in all our lives. It is a wonderful poetic post. I love you!!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete