Traduce Aqui:

Friday, December 10, 2010

The move... and consequent lack of blogging

That's right, we're all moved in. :) I guess there are technically a few more boxes to unpack, our a/c is still at the piso as are the light fixtures, and Angelines says I did a crummy job of organizing the kitchen so we'll have to re-do that, but otherwise, it's all here and all in place.

I LOVE my house!

I've got pictures hung and stockings, too. It feels so homey! I wish I had more money so I didn't have to think about prioritizing of all the little immediate improvements/additions that we want to make. But really, just thinking about them is pretty fun. ;)

So, as you might have guessed from the title, I haven't had internet access from my new house until today. We asked for an "emergency" installation. WiFi isn't currently available because they're out of routers...so I am currently hooked up and immobile. Kind of annoying, but I'm so relived to have the internet, I almost don't even notice. We should be getting WiFi as soon as there's another shipment of routers and the guy remembers we want one, but knowing the way things in Spain are...that could be a good while!

The urgency of an internet connection wasn't just due to the fact that I've been going through email and blog withdrawals, but because of my online studying. Up until today I was hauling my computer and notebooks over to the piso (good thing it's close!) and standing (no chairs left) to download the readings and activities for classes! Then I'd come home, do my work and have to haul it all back over to send my activities via email. Needless to say the environment didn't lend itself to blogging! ;) Now I can finally call our internet service to the piso and cancel, along with the electricity! Hooray for cutting spending!

There have been so many moments in these two weeks when I've wanted to blog, but I'm currently feeling regretfully uninspired. I suppose I'll just have to gradually fill you all in as I get back into the swing of things.

TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Yay :D you got internet, Finally! I'm so happy for you Op, I'm in my room with a huge smile on my face for you my dear Twinnie <3
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first house - How wonderful. I still remember the great feeling your Mom and I had when we moved into our first house, after all the funky little places we had rented! It just starts a whole new time in your life. Enjoy, BIG TIME!! PS: Glad you got internet and we can talk again. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommie here ... I smile when I envision your little stockings hung by the chimney with care :) You'll have an especially wonderful Christmas this year, and an especially wonderful year this New Year! We'll come see it all soon, even if it KILLS Daddy!! Love you both - XBOX

    ReplyDelete