Traduce Aqui:

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The inauguration of our guest room!


Yes, we've had our first visitor in the new house... none other than my dear friend Katie Filippini! :) She was visiting her sister in Tajikistan and stopped through Spain on her way back to the States. What fun! This was her first visit to La Roda and the longest time she's ever spent in Andalucia. Unfortunately, she couldn't stay more than four days and I had to work one of them so my role as tour guide was limited.

We visited Antequera and the flamingos in the Laguna de Fuente de Piedra. We saw the nativity scene made exclusively from chocolate in Estepa and went to Puente de Genil for the Spanish version of touring Christmas lights. It was a brief visit, but all in all we took advantage of our time to see quite a bit of rural Andalucia and more importantly just "hang out." :)

As the saying goes, "time flies when you're having fun," and this week has flown by! I haven't done anything in the way of studying for my classes and with Christmas around the corner I need to play catch-up for last week and get this coming week out of the way so I can enjoy the holidays and not get any further behind, thus my late-night blogging. ;) I should be working, but I'm taking a little break. I've done two weeks' reading for two classes today, so I think I deserve it. Still, I've got a bit more to do before bed...I try to take advantage of Angelines's absence to get my work done. I hate having to work when she's home!

So without further ado, here are some pics from Katie's visit. Unfortunately, she took most of the pictures, so I just have pics from our visit to see the street lights in Puente Genil and this one shot at the Laguna.

Enjoy!


Miss Filippini at the Laguna in Fuente de Piedra...the flamingos are too far away to see in the pic. :(

The city Christmas lights in Puente Genil are famous around Spain. In town is one of the number one manufacturers of Christmas lights in Spain, and they use their home town base as a show for their products.


Angelines and Jesuli with the "alumbrado."


Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post Op! It must have been wonderful to spend a few days with your friend Katie. Too bad it wasn't longer. Those Christmas lights are beautiful!!
    Love you and missing you especially at Christmas time!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of Katie haha! I'm glad you guys had fun:) Those lights are amazing!
    Love you Twinnie <3

    ReplyDelete