Traduce Aqui:

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Soccer vs. Football

...That is to say, the US team vs. England in South Africa. The game began at 8:30pm Spanish time and 11:30am PST; and ended in an unsatisfying tie.

Oh well. I think both teams walked away from the field (pitch) thinking, "at least we didn't loose to THEM." I, however, would have preferred a good American win. ;P Still, a tie isn't a bad start for the US at this year's world cup. We've got Algeria and Slovenia in our group as well; I think England was the toughest rival in our group. Now the points scored in the next two games will determine our placement for the rest of the World Cup games.

Spain's first game is Wednesday. As Euro Cup Champions, they've got a pretty good chance (in my VERY un-official opinion) to take the cup. Spaniards, at least, are hopeful. Although I was cheering for the US against England (who wasn't???), I'm really behind Spain. Angelines and I have got team jerseys and are planning to to pack them for the the two weeks we'll be State-side. We should be able to see all the Spain games since it's worked out that none will be while we're flying and since my parents now have satellite TV. ;)

A por ellos!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment