Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Almost Easter...


This year I'm particularly looking forward to Easter ... mostly because it means a week-long vacation! :) Tomorrow's my last day of work and then I'm free until April. Yay!

It's been more than a week since last I posted. I've been running around, preparing classes, cleaning, cooking and all that good stuff. The minute I sit down and have time to write something, my mind goes blank: nada. Excuse the silence.

My Morse Code lesson went really well. I even found the kid's page of the NSA (National Security Agency) website that's got some really fun code-breaking games and activities. One of them was to listen to words in Morse Code and see if you could translate them! That was a little difficult for the kids, but I LOVED it. ;) Maybe I missed my calling...I should have been a code breaker for NSA or the CIA! Remember the aptitude tests in high school? They really wanted me in the army for nuclear something or other.

At the moment I'm making up grades for my students in Antequera. It's pretty low stress since it's mostly based on my opinion of the students' abilities and progress. We do give tests, but in all the other areas we evaluate them it's pretty subjective.

Oh! I have some happy news: my basil and tomatoes are sprouting! I planted basil, parsley and tomatoes in some pots here at home. I'm planning to transplant the tomatoes when they're bigger to my "garden"...which I hope to have in better shape than last year. One of my resolutions over Easter break is to get my garden in shape. I've got to add soil and really dig it up. It's just such hard earth! Anyway, the parsley hasn't shown any signs of life yet, but I haven't given up hope yet. Ooooh, I can almost taste the fresh pesto now!

Love to all you NWesterners who are up to your eyeballs every spring with all kinds of garden goodness! I'm so envious.

No comments:

Post a Comment