Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Ramen and Rioja

It's just one of those nights.

My mom left some Top Ramen here over the holidays and my lack of culinary inspiration has led to my first bowl since sophomore year at Pacific!  My roommate and I used to buy huge costco packs of Ramen--your cooking options are limited when you've only got a hot pot to work with; don't judge.  It was a perfect late night study snack, right up there with peanut m&m's... (And I wonder why/how I gained so much weight in college!)  Of course, back in the day, a wine pairing wasn't legal, and honestly maybe it shouldn't be (!); but tonight it feels right to be sipping a good Rioja with my bowl of chicken flavored Ramen.  I've spruced it up a bit with carrots, onion and green pepper.  This is getting downright gourmet!  ;)

When I was a kid the super-long noodles in ramen soup were something that enchanted me!  Emily and I loved to play with them: we laughed at each other's noodle beards, slurpped up them up like Lady and the Tramp, we even swallowed them halfway and then pulled them back up our throats (extra points if the noodle didn't break in the process!).  I'm tempted to give it a try right now, but those things just aren't as much fun withough an audience.

Anyway, Angelines is at work and my baby's down for the count.  I have work to do, but I couldn't miss the chance to reminisce a bit over my hot soup before digging into reading for my capstone project--reading and Ramen...just like the good ol' days.

Cheers!  Hope your dinners are healthier!! ;)

4 comments:

  1. The kids here eat tons of ramen, and they leave plenty behind at the end of the year. We still have three cases sitting in our pantry (we have gone through one this school year). It's great too when one has a sore throat or needs a low-key night. I probably eat ramen once or twice a month, I suppose. I've never paired it with wine, but perhaps I should :-)

    good luck with your capstone project! So wish I could come hang out and be your audience and let our little gals play together <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME TOO!! That sounds lovely...damned distance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha great post Opie! Damn...you even make Ramen classy!
    Love you
    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing Emily stories...and I love you sweet girl!


    Daddy

    ReplyDelete