Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

The fire's lit, table set and dinner ready.  I'm sitting on the couch with my mother-in-law watching an uber-dramatic Mexican soap opera and waiting for Angelines to come home for dinner.  Not what you might call a typical Christmas eve... but that's okay.

This year I've been more in the "Christmas Spirit" than other years, streaming the classic carols, painting ornaments, putting lights on my very first tree :), and knitting a surpise christmas scarf for A.  Tonight it's just the three of us (and Bela) eating Christmas dinner... a little sad, but I'm happy to be having dinner at our house--our first Christmas here.

I have so many things I'd like to write.  When I'm walking the dog in the late afternoon with the slanting winter light cutting through olive branches, I think of so many things I'd like to sit down and write here, but when I get a moment to sit down at the computer, my mind goes blank.

... And I was interrupted.

Christmas dinner is being digested--ham hocks with orange sauce in a pastry bowl accompanied with sauteéd zucchinni, onions and peas.  All that preceeded by shrimp, jamón, cheese, and nuts.  Tangerines for dessert.  I'm nearly falling asleep on the couch.  I'm debating simply going to bed.  But first, I have to write a note to Santa Clause.  After coercing Angelines into doing so (I'm planning to leave her scarf in her stocking), she pointed out that I hadn't written one--busted!  This year Santa's getting pestiños and aguardiente. ;)

1 comment: