Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Where do I start?

This week's been crazy--up, down and all over the place.  One thing's for sure: I haven't had a minute to myself.  When I'm not walking the dog, I'm prepping classes; when I'm not painting at the bar, I'm getting lunch ready; when I'm not teaching class, I'm cleaning the house... and that list goes on.  Whew.  Needless to say, I've barely been able to check my email much less blog.  

So I guess you can surmise that I've begun teaching my private classes again. :)  Thank goodness we now have a second income, though I'm pretty sure we've already spent everything I'll earn this month and then some!  Oh well, as a friend pointed out this morning, these moments, struggling to achieve a dream, make us feel alive.  You could say that Angelines and I are feeling very much "alive" these days. ;)

Anyway, back to my classes.  Aside from filling my afternoons, they're all going very well.  I spent all last weekend madly planning for this week, and it's paid off.  My class of 3-5 year-olds was a great success.  Only one little girl (the three-year-old) cried for the first half hour.  All the rest were smiling, dancing and doing their best to sing along with the songs after only about two minutes.  And by the time class was over, even my little cry baby was smiling and talking to me.  What's even better, in all my Tuesday classes, when it was time to go, someone inevitably chimed in with an incredulous already?!.  That's a true measure of success in my book. 

This year I have roughly 60 students total!  And I am also teaching more hours.  Last year I had 24 hours of class per week and this year I have almost 30, which means that I am teaching every day  whereas last year I limited my classes to Tues-Thurs.  On paper this is all great, especially since more classes and more students mean more money; but I am worried about what I'll do once my own university classes start in two weeks.   (*gulp*)  Last year was perfect because I reserved Mon. and Fri. for studying and weekends I could prepare classes and/or relax.  This year will be a struggle to be sure...  

I think come Nov. I'll be feeling more alive than ever. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment