Traduce Aqui:

Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Grand Opening

We're open for business!  Friday night we held the grand opening of our new Pub California (I didn't name it, I swear!).  Angelines was a nervous wreck, as was to be expected.  She broke down in tears earlier in the afternoon during the final preparations, and nearly came to tears again when she gave her opening speech to friends and family.  But nerves aside, all went well.  My sisters and mother-in-law along with a few friends made up some delicious canapés to serve along with a free keg and sangria.

A friend made up these stickers for a photo-call and everyone had a good time posing like hollywood stars all night long.  Those of you with facebook can see all the pictures on our page.  The night was long--Angelines got home at seven in the morning Sat.--but I headed home early.  Friday morning I started coming down with a cold and around two o'clock (am) I was more than ready for bed.  It's been go-go-go here for the last two or three weeks, and in the days before the opening we were even busier: nailing down details and spit polishing every last nook and cranny of the new place.

All the stress has taken its toll on my immune system, with my private classes and now the university classes thrown into the mix.  I guess it was just a matter of time before I caught the first cold of the season.  I'm subsisting on orange juice, honey and thyme infusions.  Angelines seems to be holding up relatively well, but I'm sure this will all hit her like a ton of bricks on Monday.

Everyone I spoke to had nothing but praise for the bar--a relief after so much thought and worry have gone into it.  Although she was exhausted, I know A was a happy camper; this really is a dream come true.  The bar is certainly something to be proud of, and our opening fiesta was every bit worthy of the occasion. 

I'll leave you with some pictures and I promise better ones soon. ;)



Angelines is looking stern on the phone because the internet and TV have gone out just minutes before we open!

Outside looking it at our first customers.

Our turn at the photo-call. :) 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you both! WOW! It looks absolutely AMAZING! :D Love you tons, can't wait to see and hear more
    Besos
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful place. Even nicer than I imagined! We are so proud of you and "A "!

    ReplyDelete