Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Un año más

Once again this year I made the pilgrimage to visit the Virgen de la Fuensanta in the nearby town of Corcoya. Last year we were four, this year eight of us went. It's a twelve kilometer walk from La Roda and we made pretty good time: two hours and a half. To avoid the heat and also because most of the others work during the day, we headed out at 9pm. The stars were beautiful and the half moon was so bright we really didn't even need our flashlights.


In the middle of our walk we saw the most amazing shooting star I've ever seen in my life! It was so big, and bright I thought it was a rocket that someone lit-off in the fields, and it lasted about ten seconds, leaving a big, long tail behind. You'd think that ten seconds would be plenty of time to make a wish...but, alas, I was in such awe at how close it seemed that I completely forgot about wishes! It was incredible. All of us were shocked. I'll take it as a good omen for the rest of this year.

We made it into the church around 12:30 to see the virgen and afterwards made a quick stop for a cervecita before getting in the cars for a ride back to town.


It was a great camino. :)

3 comments:

  1. eso parece divertido! ;) yo hablo un poquito de espanol ahora....con la ayuda de Shelby (mi companera de cuarto super cool!)

    besitos de nosotros!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still get great pleasure from you pilgrimaging to virgens (how's that for bad english and spanish??)! Spoke espanol con un paciente the other night and now I am convinced I have to come back. I'm looking everywhere for a money tree...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Viola! Interesting post. Sounds like a good time, and I think the shooting star IS a good omen. I liked your pistures (as usual)!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete