Traduce Aqui:

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spitting Sidewalks

I've hated them since I was a study abroad student--spitting sidewalks.

What? What is she talking about??

Since the sidewalks here are "tiled" so to speak, sometimes the individual losas become loose with time and they move when you step on them. No problem...until it rains!

This is how it goes: You're walking calmly down the street with your umbrella and doing your best not to flip too much water up onto the toe of your shoes when suddenly--SQUIRT--a blast of rain water shoots up your pant leg as you take a step. The water that pools beneath the loose tile has just wet the bottom third of your jeans...and so you spend the rest of the day (until you can change your pants) with wet pants, looking as if you've jumped in a puddle.

Damn it!

Today I was attacked by the sidewalk on my way to my afternoon class... They say the rain will stay all week.

Note to self: walk on the other side of the street!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha awesome! And horrible at the same time, I totally got the mental image there :) Hahaha I love you Op

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story Viola! Soon it will be the "Calor" that you will have to deal with! It's really windy here right now, warm though (around 40F!) Snow (and winter) is going fast!!

    Love,

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete