Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pancakes and Hot Chocolate...

That's right, Monday I got up and made pancakes for breakfast. How American, of me, right? ;) They were delicious! I was inspired by the sourdough started I have been struggling to make bread with...I decided that lowering my expectations a bit might lead to more success. I guess it worked because the pancakes were great, but they didn't taste much like sourdough and I had to add baking powder and baking soda to make them fluff up appropriately...


Still, here they are and I can tell you they tasted as good as they look!

My delicious breakfast was the perfect start to what should have been a perfect week... However, at about six in the evening I checked into my university webpage to check if my technology professor had uploaded an example of the final that is this Saturday (day after tomorrow). As I'm looking over the exam I come to the part that has essay questions except on this particular exam it asks: write the web address of your webquest in the space provided and answer the following questions about it.

...WHAT?!

My stomach began to churn as I realized that somehow I'd overlooked a term project that formed the practical part of my final exam. Without this project I would fail the exam and failing the exam means failing the class! So with the click of the mouse, my perfect week fell to bits.

Since Monday I haven't slept much. Luckily I opted to cancel the classes I have this afternoon to dedicate myself to studying in my other classes. Last night at 5am I finished my project...needless to say I haven't been able to open my notes for my other classes yet. GULP! All the same, I'm not TOO nervous because as long as I pass the test (5/10) I will pass the class because I have 100% on my work throughout the semester. Still, the idea of passing an exam with a 50% doesn't thrill the H.S. valedictorian in me. ;) We'll see what I'm able to pull together for Saturday...

And with that I leave you! Off to study.

Oh! Have a look at my project: www.examenarte.wikispaces.com I'm pleased with how it came out. I'll explain more about it in a future post...when I've got more time.

4 comments:

  1. buena suerte con tus examenes! I totally understand that sinking feeling. I've had that before.

    I have a webquest to do too. I'm a little intimidated; I'm not gonna lie. Your webquest looks beautiful. I'm going to have to look again so I can work out some of the espanol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Viola! Only you could have pulled this out of the fire! I bet you ace all your exams, and the practical!!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! By the way.....awesome looking cakes, makes me hungry lust looking at them!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pancakes look amazing! If only I could pull them off, every time I've tried they've come out to be thick crepes and my hosts are seriously unimpressed lol. As for your class, I am in awe! How do you do EVERYTHING so good!? No wonder I want(ed) to be just like you ;)
    Love you!
    Twinnie

    ReplyDelete