Traduce Aqui:

Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Spelunking"...sort of


I just quickly wanted to post some pictures from our most recent explorations. There are some caves on a bluff just above the freeway between here and the neighboring town of Estepa. I've been eying them for sometime as prospective adventures. Angelines and I finally got on our bikes and headed out to do some amateur "spelunking."

Apparently if you follow the tunnels you can climb all the way through the mountain and come out on top! We were to chicken for such endeavors. Aside from the fact that you'd have to do some serious climbing to reach the tunnels; they were about seven feet up from the floor at the back of the first cavern. Something about the combination of dark and closed spaces send my imagination reeling. It was enough for me to walk to the back wall and peer into some of the hollows in the wall for me to imagine finding cadavers or being trapped by unexpected cave-ins. Apparently my adventurous spirit is limited to superficial exploration. ;)

It was a beautiful day, and great to get out and move. The temperatures have dropped significantly. In the mornings it's getting down to 55 with highs of 75-80. Soon enough we'll be trapped inside our cold house snuggled up with the table heater and blankets, listening to the rain and wishing for one of these September afternoons.


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha that's so funny Op, as soon as you said "tunnels" I totally thought of dead bodies....CREEPY!
    Love you twinnie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice adventure Opal! I like the picture of Angelines in the quasi "Captain Morgan" pose. You should have Maggie explain the pose, she has got it down as evidenced in her blog about Kayaking. Love to read about you, I'll catch up before tommorrow!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete