Traduce Aqui:

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Tech Excuses

Aside from being busy and hectic, my computer has conspired against me and know my "n" and "b" keys often stick or just flat out refuse to function, which means blogging and tediously having to backspace or press keys for extended periods of time in order to get a properly spelled sentence out is just too time consuming.  (Please forgive any missing letters I don't catch in this post)

The school year is coming to an end and rather than winding down, I feel like the opposite is happening.  There are so many things to do to make next year's school year start smoothly, it's hard to see how they will all happen.  The school year has been crazy and challenging as you already know, but it is rewarding to see the progress the children have made.  I suppose those rare moments when you can see your hard work paying off, is what it's all about.  Anyway, I cannot wait for summer, but at the same time I am dreading the work to get there, and then the work I will most likely have to do during the holidays to get things up to scratch.

Other news: my parents are here! :)  I didn't even blog about my mom's January visit this year...  Now they have both come for just a quick two weeks before heading to the Rotary International Conference in Hamburg, Germany.  It's too short a visit, but we'll actually be seeing them again so soon that it's alright.

Emily is thrilled to have Ga and Papa here. Monday and Tuesday of this week she stayed home from school to be with them.  They have been painting, playing prehistoric people, building duck ponds, doing puzzles and reading LOTS of books.  It's wonderful to have them and especially to see how happy Emily is that they are here. Their Spanish is much improved, which makes them more idependant, and especially my mom knows our schedule pretty well after her frequent visits, so they both quite easily slip into our daily routine.

Mostly, I just wanted to post SOMETHING so you all know I am still here... It's difficult to gather my thoughts for a blog post, when so much time has gone by and so much has happened since and even BEFORE my last post.  Blogging and writing is something I really enjoy and it helps me process all the craziness...some how I need to find a way to work in some more blogging.  Maybe I'll have to start with getting my keyboard looked at!

1 comment:

  1. Sitting here in Stockholm ... the first time we've had reliable internet in weeks!! Thus, I am on the computer and OF COURSE the first thing I did was check your blog :)

    I'm so happy that you had such a delightfully carefree, happy day, even if it is the "calm before the storm" ... by two months into the next school year the STORM will be over, and all will be smooth sailing. AND ...

    You have your American Vaca" to look forward to for further unwinding - LIFE IS GOOD!!

    Love you tons, Baby.
    XOXOGA

    ReplyDelete