Traduce Aqui:

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Most Important Thing I Haven't Told You

Way back before Christmas in the craziness of the end of the year and also managing the classroom solo, as my co-teacher was hospitalized, I took my final exam for my Montessori 3-6 training.  In the end it was a lot less stressful than I had feared, and really did end up being more of an opportunity to show what I'd learned as opposed to fretting about trick questions meant to fail me.  It was a practical exam over skype with one of the course teachers.  We had to present four different materials (selected at random from a pre-established list) and then also orally answer some theory questions.  I was worried that I hadn't extented myself long enough in my answers to the theory questions, and I did make a few mistakes in my presentations; but I passed!  And just a few weeks ago I finally got my diploma--It's official!

It's feels strange to have a diploma certifying that I am a trained 3-6 Montessori educator when in my day to day there are so many things that I struggle to do propperly.  So much of being a Montessori educator is about personal growth, reflection, self-control and patience...all things that are still so difficult for me.  I am still growing into this role, and I suppose it is probably something that will conntinue to develop and improve for many years to come.  The diploma is only the very tip of the iceberg, but I am so happy to have begun this journey.  I know there is so much good in it for me, for my daughter and for the world. 

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't be prouder, Viola. I am so happy for you! I'm so glad that you realize what an accomplishment this is, and what an awesome life path you are on. You continue to inspire me, my beautiful, intelligent child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #likeawilbanks You're such a boss Opie. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go sweet daughter! So proud of you...you continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete